Trying all the amazing dishes and walking the heritage trail are great introductions to the culture of Penang. But we want to take it one step further. Because to appreciate a place, it is important to understand the people. Who they are, how they feel about their home, and how they contribute to the community.
Find people, projects, and organizations on Capturing Penang:
- 'Ms George Town' - Salma Khoo
- Bee from Rasa Malaysia
- 'Bangku' Curry Mee Sisters at Air Itam Market
- 78 year old Indian uncle selling Kuih from a bicycle cart
- A gem shop owned by a "Sultan"
- Uncle Lim's "hand"-made popiah skin
- The Sikh Community
- Mr Guna's traditional apom
- Mr. Chang (aka "Durian Seng") at Bao Sheng Durian Farm
- Old man on Siam Road whipping up Char Koay Teow
- Chew family's "Oil-Fried Ghosts"
- Teochew Puppet Show
- Penang Arts Link (PEARL)
- Temple of Fine Arts
- Penang 12/31
- Gurney Clean Up
- Penang Cares
- What if I want to water ski?